2. Would you take the job offer if you were Maria/ if you're not sure, what additional information would help make your decisions?
Though, getting a job at Apex Environmental would be a dream come true for Maria. If I were in Maria’s shoes, my accepting the job offer would be based on some additional information about the company. With the interview still fresh in my memory, the panellists all men, and being subjected to a debasing experience. I would not want a repeat of such a harrowing experience, hence, I would make a few investigations and clarifications. I would like to know if there existed any females working for the company. If there were females, I would like to know how many there are. And if there are none, I would like to know why there are no females working for the company. Also, I would like to know how females are treated at Apex Environmental. This I would get answers to by asking the females working there what their experiences had been, if they enjoy their work, if they are really satisfied with their work, how often do females get sacked and for what reasons, how many females quit their jobs in the past twelve months, how often females are rewarded for excellent work done and the number of females that have attained top management positions at the company.
3. The job of applications engineer for which Maria was applying requires (a) excellent technical skills with respect to mechanical engineering, (b) a commitment to working in the area of pollution control, (c) the ability to deal well and confidently with customers who have engineering problems, (d) a willingness to travel worldwide, and (e) a very intelligent and well-balanced personality. List 10 questions you would ask when interviewing applicants for the job.
1. Have you been employed before?
2. Why did you leave your last job?
3. What did you enjoy least about your last job?
4. What did you enjoy most about your last job?
5. Why do you think you are the best candidate for this job?
6. What are your strong points?
7. What are your weak points?
8. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
9. What are your expectations of this company?
10. Do you have any questions for us?
R. Lehman 2012 www.uwex.edu/disted/training/panel.htm