Your child’s teacher has communicated to you either in writing and/or by phone or text message to inform you of your scheduled conference. During next week, Hillcrest will hold conferences on Monday, November 5, Wednesday, November 7, Thursday, November 8, and Friday, November 9.
We will observe a minimum day schedule on each of these days. School will dismiss at 1:05 PM to allow ample time for conferences to occur.
Please note that Tuesday, November 6, is election day. While teachers may schedule parent conferences on this day, it is not a minimum day nor will we observe a banked-time Tuesday schedule. Tuesday, November 6 is a regular schedule day with dismissal at 2:25 PM.
We need all students picked up on time each day since our office staff will be busy with important work tasks. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Also, we will provide translation for parents where needed, meaning many of our supervision staff will not be available to supervise students who are picked up late because they will be translating for teachers.
During your conference, you may consider the following questions for your child’s teacher:
- What concepts and skills are being addressed right now and how does that tie in to the overall goal for the year?
- Could you outline the schedule of a typical day/class period for me?
- How is my child doing compared to grade level expectations and what data can you share with me to help me understand her/his strengths and weaknesses?
- How is my child getting along with other children?
- What kinds of testing will my child participate in this year?
- Does this testing have an impact on my child’s academic future or how s/he is graded?
- What classroom management system do you use in the classroom?
- What are your views on homework and what is your homework policy?
- What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning in school?
Working families should check with their child's teachers to see if there will be a day when conferences will be scheduled later into the evening until 5:00 PM.